- Dec 2011: Merton Council notifies Pelham of the need for an extra reception class in September 2012 and that it is investigating whether to permanently expand the school to a two form entry ('2FE') school.
- Sep 2012: Additional reception class ('Wrens') is successfully integrated into the school.
- Nov 2012: Formal consultation period is launched. Merton and its architects make a presentation to parents and local residents including possible plans for 2FE school buildings. A consultation leaflet is also produced.
- Feb 2013: Merton revises proposed layout and begins discussions with the school on new plans, prior to submitting these for planning permission.
- May 2013: Merton issues statutory notice to proceed with 2FE expansion, seeking objections or comments by 20 June 2013.
Demolition and preparation work begins. The kitchen and the old "Kingfisher" classroom are taken down.
All of the foundation and ground work is completed. Now the building upwards begins!
Members of the school council visit the site to check on the progress of the building. They reported back to the school, in an assembly, that all is going well.
An update on the progression of the expansion project and building work is held for parents and other stakeholders.
The presentation is available to view by clicking here
The presentation includes:
- The journey so far;
- An up-date on expansion progress and what to expect next;
- An introduction to a new vision for the school;
- Sharing how we’re reshaping administration and strengthening governance.
The scaffolding is down... The windows are in... The final touches are being made to the classrooms and other spaces in the new building... And the play area is looking fantastic! We can't wait to get them set up and welcome the children back on September 7th.
The school is almost ready. Classrooms are set, corridors are clear and the front reception area is ready to welcome the children back.
November 2015 - Official Opening
During the week of 9th - 13th November, we celebrated the official opening of the new school building with a week of special events, including an open evening for past pupils and staff, as well as friends of Pelham, and a visit from the Mayor of Merton for our special assembly held on Friday 13th November.
You can read a report on the official opening, on the Merton Council website, by clicking here.
Click on the images below to see the final floor plans for the school.